Learning progress talks – together with the child and its parents!
We are engaged throughout the entire school year in a dialogue with pupils and their parents on the subjects of learning, marks, successes and support measures. Pupils receive twice a year – in December and in May – a statement of their marks and they discuss this with the team of class teachers and the respective parents. As part of the preparation for these talks each pupil has received in advance a self-assessment in the form of a questionnaire on different forms of competence. In the course of the talk the team of class teachers attempts, with the help of suitable questions, to encourage the child to indulge in self-reflection and to gain insights, while, like the parents, assuming the role of the listener. The aim is to ensure that the child does most of the talking.
The goals are:
- Helping the pupil to conduct an active analysis of the performance achieved
- Setting one’s own goals and consciously learning in order to realize them
- Coming to terms with forms of resistance against learning
- A better understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the pupil and his or her development
- Reflection on the sense of community in the class and the school at large and on the quality of social learning together
- Reflection on one’s own role in the class
- Development of perspectives in relation to the subject of the school career
In the Classes 11 to 12 we offer the possibility of talks with pupils and their parents both in the middle and at the end of the school year. Our teachers can be reached by e-mail and by telephone. Individual consultations are possible and welcome and can be arranged by mutual agreement, for example, when picking up a child.