We are proud of our successes!
Achievements are for our school a natural and important part of earning culture, whereby the concept should not be understood as being limited to cognitive performances and marks. Every school year we honour many different forms of achievement and commitment:
- Cognitive: excellent and very good achievements also in relation to one’s own potential and the effort invested,
- Social: particular commitment in matters of concern for one’s own class or for the school community; willingness to take on responsibility; fairness,
- Aesthetic-artistic: special musical or artistic commitment also in the field of the theatre, website-design, etc.,
- Sporting: successes and dedication in performance sport, in competitions, and in physical education and on mountain tours.
(see Download Section: Awards for the school year 2014/15 and 2015/16)
What have we achieved?
In the Abitur exams
- In the year 2016 the core of our 12th Class (not counting those who only repeated the 12th Class – pupils from other schools frequently switch to our school) attained an average final mark of 2.11. The overall average for Bavaria was 2.30.
- In the year 2015 one of the youngest pupils in Bavaria (if not the youngest) successfully passed the Abitur at our school.
The Max-Rill-Gymnasium was in 2009 awarded the Free Masons Prize of the Masonic Lodges in Munich and Southern Bavaria. The decisive factor for this honour was our integrated approach which does not merely restrict itself to school education alone but which also promotes the development of children and young people to self-responsible members of society through offers in the fields of the theatre, music and social science combined with the various possibilities which the Guilds afford.
The Tassilo Prize of the Süddeutsche Zeitung
Our school theatre has been nominated several times for the Tassilo Prize for its outstanding theatrical performances. (We will win the prize one day for sure!)
We regularly take part in competitions.
- A reading competition is held annually.
- We participate in the Boarding School Olympics of the four private Bavarian boarding schools.
- There is a grounds service competition at our school. The winners receive vouchers for half-day or one-day excursions.
- Every year classes participate in THE BIG CHALLENGE.