To see the world means to understand the world
Given the rising internationalisation of our body of pupils, there has been an increasing wish to establish partner schools abroad: in Russia, China, Scotland, and France.
European Gymnasium “Peter the First” in Moscow / Russia
Once a year in a group of pupils travels to Moscow and resides in the private Russian boarding school and with families in order to get to know about Russian daily life, history, culture, and customs. The study programme includes:
- Red Square and the Basilius Cathedral, the historical department store GUM, the Historical Museum and the Lenin Mausoleum
- The Kremlin with a visit to the Armoury and an evening at the State Ballet
- The Victory Park and the Museum of the Great Patriotic War (= Second World War)
- The Summer Residences of the Czars in Komsomolskoje and in Zarizino
- The Tretjakov National Gallery
- A visit to the Oktjabrskaja chocolate factory or the Matrjoschka Manufactory
- The Park of the World Exhibition and the Museum of Space Travel
The return visit of our Russian partners follows. In July 2016 the first group of pupils from the Classes 7-10 of our school travelled for ten days to Moscow.