We are proud of our successes!
Achievements are for our school a natural and important part of earning culture, whereby the concept should not be understood as being limited to cognitive performances and marks. Every school year we honour many different forms of achievement and commitment:
- Cognitive: excellent and very good achievements also in relation to one’s own potential and the effort invested,
- Social: particular commitment in matters of concern for one’s own class or for the school community; willingness to take on responsibility; fairness,
- Aesthetic-artistic: special musical or artistic commitment also in the field of the theatre, website-design, etc.,
- Sporting: successes and dedication in performance sport, in competitions, and in physical education and on mountain tours.
What have we achieved in the Abitur exams?
- In 2021, our Year 12 achieved one of the best Abitur results, despite the school closures in the Corona year, with 2.29.
- In 2019, all native German students narrowly beat the Bavarian average with 2.28. Isabel Blank-Aschauer has since been accepted into the “Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes” (German National Academic Foundation) for her outstanding Abitur and extracurricular commitment.
- In the year 2016 the core of our 12th Class (not counting those who only repeated the 12th Class – pupils from other schools frequently switch to our school) attained an average final mark of 2.11. The overall average for Bavaria was 2.30.
- In the year 2015 one of the youngest pupils in Bavaria (if not the youngest) successfully passed the Abitur at our school.
The Max-Rill-Gymnasium was in 2009 awarded the Free Masons Prize of the Masonic Lodges in Munich and Southern Bavaria. The decisive factor for this honour was our integrated approach which does not merely restrict itself to school education alone but which also promotes the development of children and young people to self-responsible members of society through offers in the fields of the theatre, music and social science combined with the various possibilities which the Guilds afford.
We regularly take part in competitions e.g. in the German National Reading Competition, Big Challenge, Planspiel Börse, Jugend musiziert and Jugend forscht, in the Maths Olympics, in the European Competition. Our school theatre has been nominated several times for the Tassilo Prize of the Süddeutsche Zeitung for its outstanding performances.